Leisure Mooring Agreements - Crown Estate Scotland - December 2019

This map layer has been supplied directly by Marine Scotland National Marine Plan interactive. You can obtain additional information about the layer on this page

Marine Scotland Information NMPi icon

The laying of a permanent mooring or other equipment to hold a vessel requires consent from the relevant landowner. For the seabed, this consent will nearly always come from Crown Estate Scotland, who issue three types of mooring licence.

  • Individual: This is suitable for private individuals
  • Commercial: A licence for businesses such as ferry operators, boatyards, charter boats and diving vessels
  • Associations:  Once established, associations are given a seabed agreement enabling them to manage their members’ moorings within a specific area. Associations are suitable for groups of ten or more moorings and provide a degree of security as pressure on areas traditionally occupied by moorings increases.
GIS Data Type: 
Web Service Information: 
Base WMS Address: http://msmap1.atkinsgeospatial.com/geoserver/ows/nmp?
Layer name:nmp:CES_moorings
Does this layer display time aware features: 

This Map source is referenced by the following pages: